After altering the traditional “no-bake cookie” recipe several times, I have finally settled on one that I really like! I’ve gone through cookies that are way too sweet, not enough protein, enough protein but too dry, and now these. They are probably slightly not sweet enough, but the purpose of these cookies is to give you a little boost of protein and keep you full with healthy fat.
What I love about coconut oil is that completely curbs my appetite. And what better way to curb it than with cookies?!
Appetite No-Bake Cookies
- 1.5 scoops (~50 grams) protein powder (I use cinnamon roll but you can do vanilla, chocolate, whatever)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp PB2 + 2 tbsp water OR 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut shavings
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1. Mix coconut oil and milk in saucepan over medium heat until the oil is melted.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, protein powder, peanut butter and vanilla.
- 3. Add coconut shavings and oats last.
- 4. Scoop spoonfuls onto a pan and freeze/refrigerate until they are solid. Store in refrigerator.