Since I would be hosting my girlfriends to watch The Bachelor (guilty pleasure) I needed to come up with snack ideas. It’s been an unhealthy start to the year, so I thought I’d try something a little different, and came across this healthy no-bake cookie recipe.
I was a little uncertain about using cashews because I’ve never used them for something like this before. And my past experience with unusual ingredients (black beans in brownies) did not go so well. But I forged ahead anyway and purchased some raw cashews. It’s a personal choice not to consume agave nectar since it’s processed, so I altered the recipe slightly and came up with the following, which is delicious and healthy, by the way!
Feel free to experiment with different spices– next time I think I’m going to add some cinnamon and nutmeg!
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (any kind of your choice!)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine oats, cashews, and protein powder. Grind into a flour-like consistency.
- Add maple syrup, almond butter, milk and vanilla, and blend again until smooth. If the mixture is still too dry, add more almond butter.
- Transfer your dough into a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll the dough into approximately 12 chocolate truffle-sized balls. Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for later.