I’m SO excited to share this recipe because it’s:
- flourless, which means gluten-free,
- very quick and easy to make,
- low calorie, and
- ridiculously yummy!
I tested this recipe back in the summer when I wanted to find some type of brownie-cookie to bring to my friend’s housewarming party. I wasn’t quite sure this was what I was looking for until I tasted one out of the oven. Oh. Em. Gee. They are so delicious. And the best part? Low calorie (about 60-80 calories per cookie, depending how big you make them)!!!
Not knowing what cookies to make for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year, my husband suggested I make these (because he loved them so much too) so I decided to toss crushed candy canes on top for a nice holiday twist.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a standing mixer, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix until a smooth consistency has formed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop batter onto the cookie sheet. Scoop smaller amounts than you think; the batter will spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes.