Another recipe idea I came up with for the Girl Scout cookie recipe contest was a sweet treat that’s easy to munch on. I’ve always had a slight obsession with the classic Chex Muddy Buddies (chocolate and peanut butter, who can resist?) so I thought it would be fun to take that same casual, crunchy treat and change it up.
Enter, Savannah Smiles. I knew these light, lemony cookies would make a great coating for a Chex treat so I came up with the following recipe.
I had my heart set on creating an Easter Chex mix type of snack with Easter colored M&Ms, nuts, and other mix-ins, but since the Easter candy isn’t in stores yet, it will have to wait until next time.
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 10 ground Savannah Smiles cookies
- In a food processor (or Magic Bullet) grind up cookies to a fine powder and combine with powdered sugar in a large (gallon) Ziploc bag and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat candy melts, coconut oil, and lemon juice over low heat. Stir frequently until melted then remove from heat. Pour over cereal and gently fold until cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal into Ziploc bag and seal (be sure there is a good air bubble trapped inside the bag for easier shaking) then gently tumble the bag until cereal becomes evenly coated with dry mixture.
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes, serve and enjoy!
Yes, these are absolutely as delicious as you’d think. I’m pretty sure I ate half the batch after getting my photos!