With fall quickly making its way into our neighborhood, I have been getting the cozy, domestic feeling inside that inspires me to bake my butt off. And what screams ‘fall’ more than pumpkin? I decided to look up a pumpkin cookies recipe and chose this one from Very Best Baking due to the great ratings.
While the I was making these cookies, I had a yummy stew cooking in the crock pot and plans to use the rest of the canned pumpkin for dog cookies. Treats all around!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and coconut oil in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool completely before drizzling glaze over cookies.
These cookies are super easy to make, plus they are friggin’ delicious! I can’t stop eating them!