My sister’s baby shower was this past weekend and I was commissioned to bring cupcakes. Because she’s expecting a girl, and because these strawberry cupcakes are freaking delicious, I decided to bake strawberry cupcakes since they’re perfectly (and naturally) pink! For these cupcakes, I used my tried and true strawberry cupcake recipe. They were well-received and devoured as expected.
Because my frosting recipe may have gotten lost somewhere on this blog, here it is again:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree
- To make the frosting, place a room temperature stick of butter in your mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and whip.
- Add in 1/3 cup powdered sugar and whip together at high speed.
- Continue adding 1/3 cup powdered sugar and mix on low-medium speed until mixture resembles a thick dough (think cookie dough - far too thick to frost onto cupcakes).
- Then add about 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree (this will thin out the frosting) and mix on low speed. Continue adding puree until desired texture is reached.